How do we use your personal information?We use your Personal Information only as follows:
Do we share your personal information?
- To verify your identity when you are opening an account or using our Services.
- To authenticate use of your account and the Services for a transaction.
- To prevent fraudulent uses of The Range Network's Services or the creation of multiple accounts; and
- To comply with legal obligations (See Below)
The Range Network will only share your Personal Information with our partners in the following circumstances:
Do We Sell Your Personal Information?
- As required with other third parties where permitted by law to enforce our Terms of Service;
- To comply with legal obligations,
- to cooperate with law enforcement agencies concerning conduct or activity that we reasonably believe may violate federal, state, or local law,
- when required by a subpoena, warrant, or other court ordered legal action,
- If we reasonably believe tat doing so will prevent harm, loss or injury to others.
- To third party service providers that perform functions on our behalf. These service providers are limited to using the Personal Information to assist in our provision of Services, and must maintain any Personal Information we share in a secure fashion.
The Range Network will not sell, rent, or trade your Personal Information.
- Your Personal Information will only be used by The Range Network to
- verify your identity or as required for the prevention of fraud
- when compelled by court order, or
- in fulfilling our Services to you,
- The Range Network will transfer your Personal Information or the personal information of your customers and/or members to our third party partners only when required by a subpoena, warrant, or other court ordered legal action or with their specific written consent.
Information Collected and Stored Automatically
- We collect no personal information about you when you visit our website unless you choose to provide that information to us.
- Submitting personal information is voluntary. When you voluntarily submit information, it constitutes your consent to the use of the information for the purposes stated at the time of collection. See the Privacy Act of 1974 (External) for more information on your rights under the Privacy Act.
- Except for the purposes described below, no other attempts are made to identify individual users while on the TRN website. Here is how we handle information about your visit to our website:
TRN website servers automatically collect and save the default information customarily logged by web server software. Specifically, this information includes:
- the date and time,
- the originating IP address,
- the object requested, and
- the completion status of the request is collected and saved for each http request received by the server.
We also use an authorized Google Analytics to collect comparable information on our behalf.
On a monthly or more-frequent basis, we review this information to determine the traffic through the servers in hits, the number of pages served, and the level of demand for pages of interest. We may also analyze accesses to particular pages to determine other statistics that may be of value to us in establishing priorities and allocating resources in order to better serve our customers and our Network Ranges. Analysis of this information may also help identify problem areas of the website or to improve overall service. Information is retained as long as necessary to perform useful analysis.
For site security purposes and to ensure that web services remain available to all users, TRN monitors network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information or otherwise cause damage.
Unauthorized attempts to upload information or change information on this service are strictly prohibited and subject to prosecution under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1986 and Title 18 U.S.C. Sec.1001 and 1030. Information also may be used for authorized law enforcement investigations.
You may control permissions for cookies on this or any other website by adjusting your individual browser settings for customized privacy protection. See OPT-OUT Instructions (Warning: External Government Link
) for helpful guidance.Session cookies
Session cookies are also known as memory-resident cookies. These cookies are not stored on your computer's hard drive, and are removed when you complete your session or exit the site.
We may use session cookies for some applications to improve their usability and ensure session integrity. No personal information is gathered.
TRN sites and applications that use "Tier 1" session cookies include the subscription center.Persistent cookies
Persistent cookies remain on your computer's hard drive after you complete specific activities on therangenetwork.com. We use "Tier 2" persistent cookies to help us recognize new and returning visitors, but no personally identifiable information is gathered. If you block a persistent cookie, you are not prevented from using the TRN website.
We may also use persistent cookies to enable the Google Analytics Program to measure how new and returning visitors use the TRN website over time.
Email submitted to TRN are saved in accordance to company policy. If you choose to provide us with personal information in email, we may use that information to respond to your message and to help us get you the information you have requested. Information collected may be used to better serve your needs and to help you access shooting sport facilities.
The Range Network is proactive in protecting of children. It is the policy of The Range Network to restrict the access and use of TRN website and applications to customers who are 18 years of age and older. All subscriptions obtained by those who are under the age of 18 shall be automatically reviewed and may be suspended and/or revoked.
The Range Network will work independently with youth shooting programs and parents to ensure everyone has responsible and appropriate access to the Shooting Sports and where appropriate, use The Range Network’s services.
Furthermore, we want to protect the identity of children in general. The Range Network S.A.F.E. Kidz program will never request personal protected information from children. Any participation of young adults or children under the age of 18, must be approved by parents or legal guardians.
It is the responsibility of the Shooting Sport Facility to verify the age and identity of visiting TRN Subscribers, each and every time.
Links to other sites
Chief Information Officer
The Chief Information Officer serves as The Range Network’s Director for Information Security. You may contact that office at CIO@therangenetwork.com.
To our Customers and SubscribersProtect yourself against identity theft
We urge you to please take steps to protect your personal information. "Personal information" includes social security, credit card, and bank account numbers.
TRN will never call, email or otherwise communicate a request for your password or account information. Passwords will never be verified online or by telephone. You must reset you password when otherwise unrecoverable.
TRN uses a secured third-party membership platform (Member Leap) to manage subscriber data. Neither TRN nor Member Leap maintains banking, credit card or other Personally Protected Information such as social security numbers, in its databases. TRN uses third-party payment processing services that are security compliant. (Celero and Stripe).
Please know that your name, address, phone number and email addresses are readily available as as "public data” if you have ever purchased property, been charged with a crime or vehicle moving violation or opened a business. This information may be obtained and disseminated from other websites, even without your consent. Certain federal and state laws prohibit how this information is used but you must be responsible for protection your ID. We encourage all customers to purchase ID Protection and Recovery insurance. There are many companies out there, whom you choose is your decision.
For questions about The Range Network, please contact us at:
or via email at